Friday, August 21, 2009

8-21-2009 Worry

We are still house shopping. It has finally boiled down to this - for about the same price, we can have space or location. I'm leaning toward space. Vol Fan is leaning toward location.

Either place will be fine. We don't plan on staying in this house forever. We will be building our home on property we own just outside of town. Why we are not building now is a whole other worry.

But since we are not ready to build and we will be first time home buyers, an $8000 tax credit is pretty hard to pass up.

So I'm worried about:
  • If I convince Vol Fan to see things my way and we buy the larger house, I will feel responsible (and guilty) if the housing market continues on its downward slide and we can't recoup our money.
  • If Vol Fan convinces me to see things his way and we buy for the better location, I will hold him responsible if the housing market continues on its downward slide and we can't recoup our money.
  • If I convince Vol Fan to see things my way and we buy the larger house, I will hate it and wish for the better location.
  • Interest rates.
  • Mortgage payments.
  • That either house might be a money pit.
  • That my house will burn down.
  • That my house will get swept up in a tornado or flood.
  • Termites.
  • Roof leaks.
  • That I really have no eye for color.
  • Or decor.
  • That my landscape efforts will look like crap.
  • That my carpet will get stained.

4 comments:

  1. You may just want to get a hotel room!

    All jokes aside Woody-Look at the worst thing that can happen....you loose it all and have to start over. At least you still have each other!
    I asked Cdub...what happens when we finally get this place the way we want it...He said we will die. So I am happy just to keep plugging.
    Now go start enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all homes are money pits. :) All carpets get stained. No way to avoid any of this. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noe Noe Girl and Busy Bee Suz are right! All you can do it go with your gut and hope the housing market turns around, or keep renting!

    ReplyDelete